MiniLyrics is a small plugin for a variety of different music players. The service displays lyrics to your favorite songs whilst they are playing. The MiniLyrics database is large enough to cover most people’s music tastes, and once set-up, the plugin runs when you open your media player of choice. MiniLyrics has support for numerous media players including iTunes, Winamp and Windows Media Player.
Key features include:
- Numerous media player supported.
- Automatically search and download lyrics.
- Manual lyrics search.
- Huge lyrics database.
- Skins available.
- Cross-platform support.
Overall MiniLyrics is great little tool if you are really into your music. The support for different media players is good and the lyric library is extensive. You can even save downloaded lyrics for tracks to be viewed/listened to offline. The downside is although MiniLyrics is free, you are faced with some annoying registration reminders.
Here I’ll describe the steps for getting the MiniLyrics work on the launch of New AIMP.
First of all – we know that AIMP4 does support WinAmp plugins – and we will use them.
1) Create in AIMP subfolder “Plugins” new folder “gen_MiniLyrics”
2) Copy from your MiniLyrics subfolder “Player-Plugins” the file “gen_MiniLyrics.dll” into the Folder you created in step 1)
3) Open Notepad
4) Write in it (without stars):
5) Save the file in folder you created in Step 1) as “MLPlugin.ini” (DO NOT SAVE IT AS *.TXT FILE!!!)
NOTE: YourMiniLyricsFolder should be full directory (for example: WorkingFolder=E:\MUSIC\MiniLyrics\)
Download your minilyric here